Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 22 of 22

Thread: Are these pictures film or video - see if you can guess

  1. #21
    Inactive Member Scotness's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2002
    Posts
    57
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here's a go the DOP of In My image David Rusanow did - pretty good I think

    djcopy


    Scot M

  2. #22
    Inactive Member MovieStuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2001
    Posts
    847
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Scotness:
    BTW wasn't Lawrence shot on 60mm - or 65mm -</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Yes, you are correct. I had forgotten. Still, I feel my statement is true regarding big budget 35mm films.

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Scotness:
    aren't the colours a bit muted because of the technicolour process - a friend of mine told me that - is that true?</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    LOA was shot on color negative stock and not in the three strip technicolor process. However, in general, the three strip process often yielded yahoo color which many felt was unnatural looking, though still very beautiful. Gone with the Wind is a pretty good example of the three strip process but I am pretty darned sure that the three strip process had been dropped in favor of color neg by the time LOA was shot. I mean, can you imagine carrying around those refrigerator sized cameras in the desert? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •